This article is about what to do if an Instagram account is locked. I have included a step-by-step guide on how to deal with issues when an account is locked and tips on what you should do (or shouldn’t do) to prevent from being locked.
The content of the article is based on my personal experience and knowledge. So let's get started!
How to deal with an Instagram account being locked?
If your account has been locked, you should consider sending an appeal to Instagram. To send an appeal, access the "report a violation" page and click on the "request a review" button. You will then be directed to a page where you can request a review.
In my experience, Instagram will unlock your account in 24 hours. If you receive a message from Instagram stating that your account has been unlocked, you can log in to your account. If your account is still locked, you can request a review again.
How to avoid being locked by Instagram?
There are some ways by which you can avoid having your account locked by Instagram. Some of these methods include:
- Never use bots or other automation methods to increase your followers.
- Never spam your followers.
- Don’t use bots to like and comment on your posts.
- When you buy followers, make sure that the followers are legitimate and not fake accounts.
- Never attempt to steal Instagram user data.
- Never sell fake accounts or user data.
- Don’t attempt to use someone else's account without their consent.
- Never engage in any other activity that may violate Instagram's terms and policies.
The Bottom Line
If you’ve found your account is locked, it is important that you do not panic. Instagram has a pretty good track record of unlocking accounts.
I hope you found this article helpful. If you have any questions or comments leave them below and I will get back to you as soon as possible.